Multicultural Education supports a vision of New South Wales as a community which values and benefits from its cultural and linguistic diversity to fully realise its social, cultural and economic potential.
- provide the framework within which multicultural education is implemented
- recognise and value the different linguistic, religious and ethnic backgrounds of the people of New South Wales
- promote the equal rights and responsibilities of all people
2 new courses:
- Culturally Inclusive Teaching and Learning
- Supporting Students from a Refugee Background
These are designed to support teachers and other teaching staff to develop an improved understanding, evaluate current practice, and develop strategies to support students in the classroom.
A new resource:
- Opening the School Gate
Unlike courses, this is not tutored or supervised. The resource provides a range of practical strategies to assist in engaging migrant and refugee families, and creating a culturally inclusive school environment.
Trials will be taking place during July. Launch dates will be published soon.